Goldline Aqualogic PS-4

Aug 6, 2010
Hello...
Keep getting a message on display...CHECK SYSTEM LOW VOLTS.
Cert. dealer here yesterday....T-15 cell works good....
Circuit board....transformer output readings good
Solar system no issues

HELP! BAFFLED! NO ANSWERS! HELP!

Salts are are 3000 ppm

Appreciate the response.

Wish there were more like you in Las Vegas...refering to your quote under your sig....

Here in Las Vegas it still is like the wild wild west.....

Thanks all for comments....

NOW....

What do I do first?

Main board replacement
or
Replace T-15 cell

Either way I know $$$$$$$$$ are involved.....
I am just a disabled vet but feedback is appreciated. :-D

To many cowboys in Vegas ...rob you blind and smile as they do it! :whip:

Welcome to TFP!!

Find someone who knows how to use a digital voltmeter and then call Goldline's support #. They'll make you wait ~ 30 min on hold but then will walk you through what to test to find out which part is bad. Short of being able to do that, I'd start with the rectifiers :)

Pumps are running....

Now no reading for salt at all....

If pumps are running, everything working except no salt numbers...suspect the t-15 cell did die.

Feedback please.

Thanks for the patience all.

First, make sure the cell is clean.

Then go to the diagnostic menu and click to the first entry. It should read the volts and amps of the cell. Report back.

If the cell were failing, current should drop but not voltage. Too much salt would tend to drop the voltage some but current will rise and then you should get a high salt warning and not a low voltage warning.

The PS-4 is notorious for failing in the power supply circuit, specifically a solder joint on the board which burns out. This can be diagnosed/fixed with this proceedure.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did you press the "+" button while reading the voltage/amps to start the cycle over? Try that first. If it is still 0 readings then it sounds like a board failure which is explained in the link I posted above. Look at the proceedure and see if you are comfortable taking care of this yourself and make sure you turn off all the breakers to the panel before proceeding.

I want to THANK EVERYONE FOR THE ASSISTANCE...

BOTTOM LINE.....

Will skip all my medications for a month to save up for a new motherboard. Did all the tests as recommended and looks like a board failure. :grrrr:

I surely will tip my hat off to each and one everyone on this board. :lol:

Did you check to see if it is the solder joint? You may be able to fix the board instead of replacing it.

Looks like I've run into the same problem, no voltage, no amps, and only a TCell temperature reading. What would be causing the motherboards to be going bad? My system is only 3 years old.

-Terry

A lot of things can cuase the boards to fail. Bad design or manufacture is the case with the solder joints. Power surges are a major culprit in most electronic part failures. Even if you don't know there was a surge or spike it takes a toll on the components.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.