Ready for Salt ?? Test Results

Your ready to add salt as it will not affect any of your numbers, but before you just dump it in you may want to test your current salt level as you will likely not be starting at zero.

to add... if you will be using a SWG you may want to lower TA to 70-80 and increase your CH level, since you have a gunite pool.

dmanb2b said:
Your ready to add salt as it will not affect any of your numbers, but before you just dump it in you may want to test your current salt level as you will likely not be starting at zero.

to add... if you will be using a SWG you may want to lower TA to 70-80 and increase your CH level, since you have a gunite pool.

Oh yeah, test beforehand. I purchased salt and a salt test kit yesterday, assuming my starting salt level would be rather low. Turns out it was 1400ppm!

um...just read you sig... :nopic:

Let's see that pool :goodjob: welcome to TFP...given the neg edge you will likely experience frequent PH rise...keeping TA at even 60-70 will help tackle that issue.

mynewpool said:
I also think for a CYA of 40 your FC is very low. I am sure others will be along to expand.

great catch :goodjob: Raise your fc to at least 3-4ppm for now....if you are aiming to use your SWG, you'll want your CYA at around 70ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.