Yellow line around pool, just above water line?

flyboy320

Jul 23, 2009
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Wondering what may cause this? My numbers are right where they should be. It's just around the water line, and slightly above it. I have tried magic eraser, vinyl cleaner (it contains enzymes), pure chlorine, and diluted muric acid, none of which seems to remove this. Is there anything else I can try?

The liner is one year old and I also added borates this year.

My next step is to try a vitamin C tab on the stain.

Oh, you took the picture down. I could see the yellowing you where talking about. I wonder if you raise or lower the water line if you can still see the yellowing. I honestly don't know what it could be. Try the vitamin C and let us know what happens.

No the yellow stops just a hair under the water line. Never had to shock, highest chlorine levels I had was about 8 (CYA at 30), but that would have been only for a day at most since I test daily.

Does it look like the liner is fading from the sun (I know it's only a year old)?

I would think that if it was sun fading then the area above to just under the coping would be the same yellow, but it looks like about a 1" stripe of yellow just above the waterline. I'm stumped.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.