Pool getting replastered help!!!

Fowie

Aug 4, 2010
I am looking at getting my pool re-plastered, but I don't really know much on what needs to be done or what a good price would be. I am hoping someone on here does this or has done this in the past and would be willing to help me out.

First off my pool is not huge prob an avg in ground pool that goes from 3ft to 6ft.

I have had about 5 bids on it but 2 kind of stick out both around the same price one at 3800 and the other at 3500.

The bid at 3800 says that he would remove all the plaster in the pool and then re plaster it....

the 3500 says he removed the top 3 inches of plaster and any other rotten spots he can find but not all the plaster cause it would ruin the integrity of the pool and would have to re cement it as well.

Just looking for any advice on what I should go with

thanks for any help in advance.

Welcome to TFP!
The $3500 guy is either lying or ignorant; I wouldn't hire him. Removing the plaster from the whole pool is the right way to go, and will not affect the integrity of the pool.

If you can post the details of your bids (warranties, plaster or pebble, etc), the plaster experts here can look over them. Where are you located? The price varies by region, so we'll need it to tell you how reasonable the bids sound.

thanks for the help

I live in San Antonio, Tx

The pool I looked at from the guy who was $3500 was gonna do a blue plaster no warranty(I believe) he was also gonna throw in some other stuff for me which made me wonder why it was so cheap like (replacing my pool light and filling the gap between my concert and the actual pool)

the $3800 was just gonna do a regular white plaster the blue would be extra and once again no warranty.

I called a couple other places that are bigger here in San Antonio like Gary pools and Cody pools, but both of them just told me I should go to a small guy cause their bids could be in the 5000 range. and is where I got the numbers to the two bids above.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.