Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First swim of the season

1. Back To Top    #1

First swim of the season

Swim season has officially begun! I jumped in the pool yesterday for the first time since it was built in late '06. It's been app. 80 degrees for about a week here and was 87 yesterday. I tested the water with my hand (no thermometer yet) and it didn't feel too bad so I took the plunge. It felt absolutely wonderful. I've spent all this time learning how to take care of it (many thanks to everyone here) so it was awesome to actually be able to use it. I am so looking forward to this year.

Kevin

PS. The only negative: I thought I was in pretty good shape until I started swimming a few laps in the pool but we won't talk about that.
    Foxx 18 x 36 IG Vinyl
    TR60 Sand Filter, Pentair Whisperflow 1hp
    Blue Pearl robotic cleaner

Burlington, North Carolina

2. Back To Top    #2
    Congrats are in order. Now that you have the maintenance down, all that is left is to enjoy it.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

3. Back To Top    #3
    yippeeeee!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

4. Back To Top    #4

Boys took the plunge while I was at work...Water temp 84.. Had to go last week end to do some repair work at 70 thought I was gonna freeze to death.
    Steve
    Echo Canyon II by Artesian Pools, 13.5 KGal AG Round, 22" Artesian Sand Filter 2 hp Artesian pump
    Med Lab Tech for 12 years in E.TN
    Chem testing by Trouble Free Test Kits

5. Back To Top    #5

Enjoy your pool!! We haven't been able to open our's yet ... live in the woods and the oak trees are still dropping all their "squiggly stuff"!!!! I'm so jealous!!
    42,525 gallon IG gunite pool with DE filter and spill-over hot tub.