Best test kit for Pool and Spa plus well water

Vandergraff

Which kit (TF-100, Taylor K-2006, Leslie's Chlorine FAS-DPD Service Test Kit or variants thereof) would be best for testing a pool (chlorine) and hot tub (bromine). I'd like to get one kit that will do a good job on both. Note I use well water to fill both. The well water is 'filtered' with a Triple-O ozinator - but proably still has some metals/hardness. I do notice that the PH rises when I add the well water to the pool so I get through quite a bit of muratic acid.

I would say that the TF-100 would be the best value for you. Now, none of the aforementioned kits will test for metals. For those, you would need a separate kit. Many people use the pool store for metals testing.

Just saw this on another forum, in the US you can get a K-1005 and get the FAS-DPD reagents all for $31. Test bromine with the FAS-DPD chlorine test and multiply your results by 2.25. The K-1005 apparently has the acid/base demand tests (although I have never seen one, not available where I live) so that may be helpful too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.