Strainer Lid Help Please?

Jul 28, 2010
Can anyone tell me where I can order the lid that goes on my strainer bucket at the pump...We have replace all the gaskets and the pump is still sucking air...I would like to find a place that has fast shipping...I used poolcenter.com to order my gaskets...they were pretty fast...
my pump is a old Hayward # sp1807X10

Thanks

Thanks...We have checked all of that and don't see any leaks...but my hubby is going to get all new pipe fittings today and change them out...just to make sure...the pump will pick up then loose pressure...so there is something wrong somewhere...just hope we don't have to break up the concrete :(

Did you manage to get the leak stopped? All I can offer is that my Hayward Flow matrix (a little different from yours but has an o-ring seal) is a total PAIN to seal. My lid twists on so if I twist too tight it leaks, not enough torque it leaks...all I know is it needs to be swimming in lube before it seals properly.

We did get the leak stopped...Hubby found a bad crack in the pipe...it was in a joint...did have to knock out a whole in the concrete..but wasn't too hard...I also ordered a new lid for the strainer bucket...I put that on yestereday...everything is working great!!!
Thanks for all the help from this forum
Shielda

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.