Paramount PCC 2000

macgas

Jul 29, 2010
Houston,TX
My in-floor pool cleaner has a main drain and 90 degrees out from that has two pop ups that shoot water back towards the main drain. I also have a VS pump. I have noticed that these two pop ups pop up all the time while the pool is filtering not just when the cleaner is working (which is when the other floor pop ups open). I have also noticed that the pop up require about 2200 rpm before they activate( I don't know the flow).

If the pop ups are working does that indicate that there is enough flow to push debris to the main drain or am I going to have to keep the VS pump running higher than 2200 rpm to increase the flow?

I have been running at 3000 rpm for 10 hrs a day but was going to experiment with bringing the rpm's down to save on electricity. I had hoped to run at 1000 rpm's for 24hrs but that looks like it's not going to happen.

Thanks for you comments

I have the Vanquish system and as a new user had some questions. I e-mailed Paramount and received a reply within a day with some very useful info. I took this info with what I learned on this site and everything seems to be running well, knock on wood.

Good Luck

I also have a PCC-2000 system and your understanding of how the system works is correct. The 2 fixed nozzles that point to the main drain are controlled by the main filter pump and not by the cleaning system. I have our intelliflo VS pump set to 1900 RPM's for normal filtering and the heads pop up about 3/4 of the way. They are pushing debris to the main drain but probably not as efficiently as designed. However, I run my cleaning system for about 3-4 hours per day. During this time the Intelliflo RPM rises to about 2,300 RPM's which fully open the fixed nozzles. I have found that my pool stays very clean running the cleaning system for that amount of time. I just assume that when I'm running at normal speed, the fixed nozzles are essentially just returns. If they push some debris great, but hopefullly, all of the debris has been cleaned and there's nothing left to push to the main drain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.