Reel suggestions

drow

Jun 18, 2010
Sewickley, PA
I'd really like to add a reel to my AGP. Getting the cover off is a pain right now.

It's an oval 18x33, with a deck at one short end. The deck comes around to the straight part of the longer edge on one side, and not quite that far on the other side (stops along the curve). To further complicate things, there's a ladder going down from the deck.

I've seen some nice designs that you sink into the ground at the end of the pool, but I don't want to do that - the non-deck end of the pool is right in the middle of the yard, not out of the way at all. Do I really need an AGP reel, or could I get an IGP reel and sit it on the deck? I'm thinking something that I can wheel away from the pool to sit against the back railing when not in use. I'm a bit worried about getting it over the ladder and the edge of the fence, though - see pictures.

If that's going to work, any specific reel recommendations?

Attachments

• pool-alongside.jpg
    pool-alongside.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 159
  • pool-fromdeck.jpg
    pool-fromdeck.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 159
Looks like your cover needs a haircut :mrgreen: Sorry...little mid day humor, you may find it easier to handle by trimming the cover to fit inside the pool. Outside of that the brackets work well, but I use FPM's eggroll method. Basically just pull the cover as far up the deck as I can, fold the edges over and roll it up. I swear we need to get a video of FPM doing that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.