Shock 1st or AA treatment

May 7, 2010
Dallas, TX
I recently got a huge storm and decided to shock my pool. Not sure if i held at shock level long enough, because now, a few weeks later, these are my test results:

PH 7.8
FC 1.0 (i add bleach at night and it was 105 today, thus the low #. usually keep between 3-7)
CC 1.0 (isn't usually this high. usually 0)
TA 80
CH 300
CYA 40

I am planning on lowering the PH tp 7.4-7.6 tonight no matter what.

I have yellowing stains in the hot tub that scrape right up that I believe are rust, from asking here and getting tips on how to find out if it is rust or not.

Should i let the FC go to zero, do the AA treatment, then shock afterward? Or shock 1st, wait awhile, then lower it to 0 to due the AA treatment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The water looks great, and no visible signs of problems, just that CC level that popped up.

If you haven't already, hold a vitamin C tablet against one of the stained areas for 30 seconds and see what happens. If the stain clears up around the vitamin C tablet, you should do an AA treatment.

The CC level came up because your FC level is so low. You want the FC level low, so just ignore it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.