More rain! Is this possible?

we started with a very dry summer this year in north central Ohio. Now we are getting major flooding. The pool over flowed one night with the rain. I have never seen it over flow in one night before. I live on the top ove rolling hills so I dont have the problems most are having in Ohio. Ohio soil is heavy clay so we cant take the heavy rains and the flooding stays. It is very sad what the weather is doing to some parts here as well as other parts of the country.

Blow some this way! We are about 6" low for the month and are going through a major drought. My father-in-law has a Christmas tree farm and is losing most of his trees and paying crazy prices to water them. Farmers are losing crops and some counties are even shutting people's water off if they "waste" water by washing their cars or filling their pools. It's crazy, for sure.

Sorry to hear what's happened in Ohio. We got a lot of rain up here also, not as bad though.
My pool overfilled and dumped from the top of the skimmer to my yard. I have a new paver patio that goes around half of the pool diameter, unfortunately the other half is low and so is a portion of my house. Needless to say my wife called me home from work only to find water pouring in through my basement window. What a mess. Once I pumped out the backyard to the street and dried out the basement, all is much better. I still can not believe how much rain came down in order for the pool to overfill - I keep the water level right around the center screws on the skimmer.

venusflyer said:
Blow some this way! We are about 6" low for the month and are going through a major drought. My father-in-law has a Christmas tree farm and is losing most of his trees and paying crazy prices to water them. Farmers are losing crops and some counties are even shutting people's water off if they "waste" water by washing their cars or filling their pools. It's crazy, for sure.

I read that this morning, too. I also read in the paper that Hendersonville has asked for voluntary restrictions, which I hadn't heard from anyone till I read it. Kind of scary, seeing how Hendersonville juts out into Old Hickory lake.

I've had to switch my pump run time from days to nights since my trees have decided to call it a year and dump their leaves. Before I switched, I had two close calls where the skimmer was full of leaves, blocking water flow to the pump. I'm going to try splitting up my run time between 4A - 9A and then 4P-9P to see if I can do that without getting my pump clogged up.

We need rain, and we need it badly.

hay Dan I hope it doesnt hit us. Shelby Ohio about ten miles from here lost 2 schools. It is a small town and that will be hard on them. I also wonted to tell you I went to Joliet grade school about 1956, bet that school is gone.

The storms did miss us and it looks like it will be a nice day today. The school I was talking about was a grade school. Dont know the name but it was probably the only one. It was about three stories high and had a huge tube slide for fires. that was a long time ago. I was in first grade, now i am retired and have a three year old daughter.(retired, three year old daughter and pool, life is good) :-D
Ric W

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
gonefishin said:
11.31" to date for the month of August (so far) and more rain coming. Average is 3.82" :shock:

UGH!

dan
Hey neighbor!

this totally sucks. They said we locally have gotten 17inces + in the last week. My pool has overflowed and remained there. I was able to get in an hour of clean time yesterday, I expected it to be a mess and it wasn't bad, I even had some chlorine left (haven't added any since Saturday). Did the bleach thing, put the cover back on, (temp was dropping, filter is dirty and heater won't kick in, but when does hubby have time to clean it, cause it's been raining every stinken' night). One hour after replacing the cover, the 70mph + winds came and blew it off, along with everything on the deck. This August has not been good, hardly used the pool at all.

Hi frustratedpoolmom :)

We're sitting at nearly 18.5" of rainfall for August so far :shock: My pool has also been constantly overflowing. Now it's looking like it will soon be closing time :? sniff...sniff

dan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.