Chlorine tablets spoiled?

Jun 9, 2010
hey guys, Ive been cruising the internet and dealer sites with little luck on my issue.

Have any of you heard of chlorine tablets coming spoiled? I work at a large commercial pool and we use a Accu-tab chlorine feeder for our sanitizer. Every once in a while ill open a bucket of these tabs to refill our chlorinator and a very strong odor (not the normal dry chlorine scent) comes off the tabs. Along with the smell is a yellowish tint inside the bucket.

My experience with pools would suggest our tabs have been contaminated with some acid? The odor is extremely powerful and my experience with chlorine gas and such is leading me to believe they are coming from our dealer already spoiled? Is is possible that the heat in the warehouse can be spoiling the tabs? if so with what?

It sounds like the tablets have been exposed to some moisture. If they are still in tablet form and not merely lumps of powder stuck to the bottom of the container, I would say that they are still alright to use.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.