Trench around pool desperatly need help

Aug 1, 2010
Hello,
We had an above ground pool installed 3 weeks ago and now there is a 2ft wide by 3ft high trench around the front and sides of the pool and we are not sure what to do with it. We were told to do nothing for at least 2 weeks to let everything settle. Then we were told by our warrenty company we could backfill with the dirt dug from the pool up to 12 inches around the pool but that really does nothing to help the situation. We are planning to get a deck built next year but for now we have no ideas on how to fill this trench without voiding the warrenty. We have 2 little grandchildren and with a hole this size it becomes dangerous for them. We also have rain water pooling up in the trench. Any suggestions would be great as we are becoming desperate on what to do.
Thank you,
cbcamp5

Attachments

• P8010002.jpg
    P8010002.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 219
  • P8010005.jpg
    P8010005.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 219
Back off and take another pic of the whole area so we can see the whole thing.

My thought would be to fill it the 12" deep allowed and then grade the area around the pool into a gentle slope toward the pool. depending on the area you may need to add drainage pipe to allow the water to drain around the pool.

These are the best pics I can do, I hope these are what your wanting.
Thanks
cbcamp5

Attachments

• P8020004.jpg
    P8020004.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 185
  • P8020001.jpg
    P8020001.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 186
  • P8020005.jpg
    P8020005.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 186
The grade slopes torwards the pool where the trench is, so it would be ok to slope the dirt torwards the pool without covering the wall with dirt, then add a layer of river stone on top of the dirt? Just wanting to understand how to solve this. Thanks again for the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.