Polaris 360 hanging up

Are you directing enough return water through it? I find that with my Polaris 360 and a single 2-HP pump, I have to direct almost all of the return water through it, to get it to go fast enough to make it up the slope from deep to shallow end, and then work its way around the pool and keep moving - even when it hits the steps for a bit.

I have issues with it hitting the steps and sitting idle for a while, till the backup valve kicks in, but the wheels keep moving throughout this time.

You might also want to check to see if you have a leak along the hose or even in the cleaner itself.

Yea, it sounds like I am just operating at the edge of available pressure. I have four eyeball returns and the polaris running on the same return flow from a 1.5 hp pump. The hose does have some minor leaks, but is hard to get the hose not to have leaks. I am going to try and direct more flow when it does it again. My problem with the logic is that if I pull the polaris up to the surface and manually turn the wheels they will start going again and I may not have another issue for several days. There is also some water coming out of the backup valve on the polaris. Is it possible that there is a problem with the backup valve?

Yeah, I did think about your statement before about how you can get the wheels moving if you manually spin them. But I wonder if it's just that once they're moving it's easier for the water flow to keep it moving - but perhaps just not enough pressure to provide a cold start. I would also check to insure nothing is stuck in or around the wheels, causing it to do this.

When you say water is coming out of the backup valve, it SHOULD do this but only once every 3 minutes or so...and should only last about a minute. Does yours ever stop coming out of the backup valve? If not, then yes, you may have a problem with that.

Ahhh there you go!! Definitely something I'll have to keep an eye on for my own. Glad to see the warranty process worked OK for you also!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.