Control box location?

Jun 20, 2010
Southeast VA
Where are you guys mounting your control box for your SWG? My husband feels since our siding is vinyl, it would not be a good idea to hang it on the house. His thoughts are to put it on a post. Idk, I want to hear some options.

Here's a picture of the pumping station minus the control box;

DSC_0392.jpg

I wouldn't mount it to the siding either but that's just my personal preference. I'd set a panel where that cardboard box is if it's accessible after everything is set. I'd also build some kind of roof over it.

Sorry I wasn't more clear. :hammer:

I'd mount a couple of post in the ground right by the slab and mount a back plate of either plywood or metal on them and mount the panel on that. I'd put a small cover on the top too. Does that make more sense?? :)

By mounting two posts and a plate you have room to mount other equipment when you need to.

I'll disagree with the not mounting it on the house. Do what you want, but mounting a box on the side of a house with vinyl is no big deal; it's done all the time. The box for the telephone, cable, electric meter, automatic water meter reader, are basics. In addition to that I have the Easytouch for the pool, and 2 transformers for my low voltage lighting on the house.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.