Svenpup went SWCG - First Nano on TFP?

svenpup

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 18, 2009
Sacramento, CA
The Pool Pilot Digital Nano arrived Friday and I installed it yesterday. Up and running today with bubbles in the returns!

The install was pretty straight forward. If you are going to attempt this yourself, make sure you are comfortable doing both plumbing and electrical work yourself (obviously).

My one issue, and this is a minor one, would also apply to any of the Autopilot SWCGs (and probably any other brand too). Getting the unions (of which there are three) on the cell tight enough to not leak is difficult. Especially since the cell assembly is kinda hanging out there attached only by PVC joints. I feel like in order to rough house the fittings tight enough I am stressing all the pipe joints. I took everything apart and lubed the threads with pool lube, which helped, but not much. Is there some tool I should be using?

I still haven't tuned run times and SWCG % (I am at 10 hours and 30% to start).

Re: Svenpup went SWCG

Try turning the cell around 180 degrees. Sometimes the unions are slightly off angle and can affect the way it sits when it is put altogether.
Make sure the o-rings are all in place.

These should be hand tightened only. Make sure pump is off.

It occurred to me to add that the Nano isn't (tiny that is). Seeing the pictures online I thought it might be able to fit in the empty slot in electrical box that my timer is in. It turns out that would have been a bad idea because of overheating issue in the enclosed space, but there is no way it would have fit anyway. It is waaaaay bigger than I imagined.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.