Renting/ Building A Reverse Osmosis Filter

dfiletti

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 12, 2008
Thornton, PA
Hey Folks-

My CH is still really high (~600, I have not done anything about it to date) and if I can avoid it, I'd rather not replace water. It may come down to it, but that would mean 300_ lbs more salt and CYA, plus the cost of the water. if I had to replace 14,000 gallons, it would not be cheap. So I'm wondering about renting a reverse osmosis filter or is there a way I can build one cheaply and easily, or am I doomed to replacing water?

Anyone?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan,

Not sure what's available in your area for renting RO, but I would guarantee that draining would be cheaper then trying to build your own RO system. I would like to see you save your water, but I think you are doomed...

The filters used to do RO in a day on an entire pool are expensive, not something you would want to build/own. You could put together a low flow system that you run all the time with a separate small pump. I don't know of anyone who has tried that yet. It should work well, even though it will take weeks to months to make a significant dent in your CH level.

Jason,

Although that is a noble idea, you would have a higher waste rate then recovery. High recovery require high pressure! Under sink ro's waste close to 75% and recovery only 25%. It really is not work it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.