Autopilot Total Control Salt System and pH Control

There is no one answer, it depends on how much you value a little convience. The Total Control System is significantly more expensive than a regular SWG, something that is trivial for some people and a major issue for others. When installed and working it will regulate both the chlorine and PH levels, which can be very nice. It does require a little extra work when winterizing and the sensors need to be replaced every two years. Also, you must still test the water somewhat reguarly since the system can potentially fail and you would want to catch that quickly and because it only monitors FC and PH, leaving several other numbers you must continue to manage, though that perhaps only weekly or less.

I am quite happy with mine, despite some rather quirky behavior from the ORP sensor.

Some ORP sensors are not designed for work with SWG's, hence possible wierd behavior. I know of few companies (one being Hurlcon) who stopped manufacturing ORP controller for salt water pools because they couldn't make the sensors work properly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.