Electrical Not Included

ncpool

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2010
I am in the midst of getting quotes from three different vinyl pool builders. One of the quotes states electrical is not included. Is this a warning sign? Standard practice?

What effect does this have on my liability toward permits, code, etc? Does this give my PB an unacceptable amount of "wiggle" room?

Thanks for the great community. I frankly can't imagine going into this bid/construction process without the benefit of this forum's information.

Thanks,
-ncpool

When I had my pool vinyl inground pool built 20 years ago electrical was not included so it probably is standard practice. They can usually give you a list of electrical contractors they use or if you have one of your own you are good to go!!! Good luck.

As Poolgrll says, It's not uncommon for the PB no to include electrical. However I would look long and hard at the builders that did include electrical. That makes it their responsibility to pass inspection so they're more likely to do it right.

Thanks everyone. As a point of reference what would everyone expect as estimated cost so I can plug a value into my estimate comparison grid?

I think the only non-standard things for us would be two lights, and one extra outlet. I live in the Charlotte-area of NC.

The pool builders i know include 100ft of electrical. If its anything more the cost is between the homeowner and electrician. That usually covers Pool light, pump, heater, timer and gfci outlet.

I dont think its anything to be worried about if your builder doesnt include this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.