Views from the bottom of my pool

jmills

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2007
Billerica MA
Thanks to this forum I have the nicest pool water I have ever been in. It is also incredibly clear. Here are a few fun photos showing off my water. These are all real. The only image processing was to shrink them.
side-view.jpg

trees.jpg

tree-feet.jpg

ring-bubble-1.jpg

ring-bubble-2.jpg

Yes those are real ring bubbles. I just love blowing them. I had to keep quite still and hold my breath for a while to let the surface calm down to get these shots.

JLM

Those were interesting. I keep thinking I should find an underwater camera.

And, what's funny to me is that I discovered by accident yesterday that you could blow ring bubbles. :)

Those pics were great! :party: Isn't it a great feeling to have the best looking water on the block :whoot: . So tell me, how DO you blow ring bubbles? I know it is something at which I will want to try my hand or shall I say...lips :wink:

I don't know about jmills, but I ended up with ring bubbles by being at the bottom of the pool, looking up, then simply letting out a little air. I didn't blow the air out; just sort of quickly opened & closed my mouth to let some air out. My daughters & I had been watching each other blow air bubbles & I wanted to see the bubbles from below... and sometimes, rings happen.

Edit: I particularly like the 2nd photo, loooking up at the trees, because it practically looks like there is no water.

I don't have a waterproof camera, so I'm SOL there. But I may just try the ring bubbles. I can blow smoke rings, it ought to be similar....

Water looks great. You need to invite some folks over, preferably someone with a milky pool. Their kids are likely to blurt out the obvious :mrgreen:

My wife's best friend brings her kids over to swim, even though their apartment complex has a pool. The kids like the clean pool better, and mom actually will get in here.

To blow ring bubble you do have to have your moth pointing straight up. I use a scuba mask to keep the water out of my nose and see what I am doing. Next pucker your lips like for a kiss. Then puff out a short blast of air. With practice you can get different sizes depending on how much air you expel. Start small, its more reliable.

JLM

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This reminds me of a time long pass where we use to sit on the bottom of a 18ft deep pool and blow bubbles and sometimes bubble rings. They lasted, what seemed, forever as they made their way to the top.

I think if I went down 18 feet these days, my head would implode.

Thank you for the inservice on how to blow ring bubbles or is it bubble rings :?: I'll be glad to pay you in lessons on how to speak Pig Latin :pig:

Kias; laughed heartily at an imploding head. You crack me up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.