Pictorial history of our pools construction (Sunnyvale, CA)

The company ('Aqua pool and spa' out of Manteca, CA) that built our pool just went out of business. (Bankruptcy)
So there goes our warranty and our prepaid service...

But, looking to the positive side, at least the pool is in good shape.

DBfan187 said:
Why did it take so long?
Too build the pool? Well, in hindsight, I suppose they were having trouble all along. They were letting construction teams go.
They were 'juggling' teams between projects.

But "Aqua" did the entire back yard. Concrete hardscaping, landscaping, lighting, the palapa, and of course the pool.

Well, the pool is done, we have been enjoying it, but I ended up getting a little screwed...

In late August, Aqua Pool and Spa went bankrupt. They were good to me, but there were a couple of 'punch list' items we were working on that I now have to finish myself, and I prepaid for 3 years of pool service, and you can imagine that is out the window.

I'm still very happy with our pool and we have recently finished a matching BBQ island.

20101009-trrkpwwd3aug38mw3dbtis48ps.jpg

20101009-nbdrj6uinx64mxiu71ewdn215e.jpg

20101009-wu4cwb7jb91ea51y4e5drncic.jpg

20101009-cqt4sr55b4h3pj6wxbcd7cejxh.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Congratulations, doubly!

Congratulations on your beautiful pool and back yard oasis. You did a fine job on that photo history of the build.

Although it is most unfortunate that you have lost the prepaid pool service and must finish a few items on your own, I know you are counting your blessings. There are many folks whose pools were mid-build when the company failed. Can you imagine being half-way there and then nothing? Yikes!

I am envious of your weather--you never have to close your beautiful pool, do you!? :lol:

Lana, sadly looking at a Loop-Loc cover....

Great looking yard, Bilbrey :cheers:

We had a pool company go BK here a couple years ago (Hallmark Pools) and they left 52 (IIRC) people in various stages of "incompletion". Worse still, they did not pay the subs, so the homeowners were on the hook to pay them, even though they had made the progress payments to the pool company. One guy told me that he had paid all but 10% of his total contract, and all he had was a gunite shell! Then the gunite company sued him for the gunite (+/- $10,000.00) since they had not been paid, and he had to pay it! Very sad.

Sorry to hear you lost out on a bit of service, but you do have a beautiful retreat. Enjoy!!

Lana537, simicrintz,

You are both correct that we were fortunate that they completed most of the pool for us before going bankrupt.
Aqua left 52 pools in various stages of completion.

I should have seen the writing on the wall though, three years ago they did 1,200 pools a year, two years ago they did 600, a year ago they did 300... The economy was not their friend.

But I am counting my blessings and we are very happy with the pool. The little bit that I'm finishing up is just small details.

I do feel sorry for the folks that got caught mid construction.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.