which test kit is better?

los

Jul 30, 2010
col. Ohio
which is a better test kit, the taylor 2005 or 2006? i wanted the 2006 but when my wife went to the pool place the only had the 2005, which the guy said work be just as good.
I am currently deal with, first cloudy but slowly getting a greenish hue.
any help would be great. have vistors coming next week and would love a clear pool fo them to enjoy.

K2006 is better. TF100 has pretty much the same stuff, just bigger quantities, and no acid/base demand. Which you don't really need if you use pool calculator anyway. The CYA tube in the TF100 is a lot bigger, much easier to read.

Just as an aside, if the wife buys the K2005, you can still order the FAS-DPD kit as a seperate test from tftestkits.net.

CH is the abbreviation for Calcium hardness. Did you mean chlorine? The abbreviation for chlorine is FC (free chlorine- the good stuff that sanitizes the pool) or CC (combined chlorine- the chloramine waste product that is left after the FC does its job. We try to keep that at 0.5 ppm or less) TC (total chlorine) refers to FC+CC=TC. Some pool store give you a TC but not the FC or CC.

Back to your question, the FAS-DPD chlorine test uses drops (count how many drops to change sample from pink to clear) thus can count much higher levels of FC needed for shocking or for measuring maintenance levels of FC in high CYA pools.

The TF 100 and the Taylor 2006 both come with that test. You may also purchase the test separately from tf testkits and use it along with the 2005 kit you already have.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.