New to the site and new pool owner!

We are getting our new pool installed today and very excited about it! Didn't know if anyone had any tips for new owners! I have been reading posts for about a week and have learned a lot about management, but I'm a little worried about what might come in the next week or so. The pool is a 18' round 54" deep AGP. It has a 1.5 Hp Hayward Power-Flo, Cart Filter sys, and a N2 purifier. I plan to use pvc for the water lines and have a TF-100 test kit ordered. I put the pump on a timer, but I plan to let it run 24/7 until I think the water is in good shape. Filling with city water from hose, no real way to get a tanker in there. Any suggestions are welcomed!!!

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Any chance your pump is a two speed? If not can you possibly exchange the pump for a 3/4 hp? The reason I ask is that the 1.5 will work fine for you, but it's a bit much pump for a 18' round, the main downside being unnecessary electricity usage. Outside of that, you can also get rid of the N2 purifier...if you google Nature 2 on this site, you will find that it's just another way to add metals to your pool water that are just not necessary.

You made a great move by getting the TF100, you will have it sooner than you think. Post up some water results and pics and we'll get you going :goodjob:

Welcome to the forum. :lol:

Just posting to reinforce what dman has already said.....all good advice.

Keep reading Pool School. Make sure you have an understanding of the function of chlorine and CYA. Post your test results as soon as the pool starts to fill and you'll get lot's of great help here.

Yep
You need stabilizer
Use the Pool Calculator to see how much to add 30 to 50 unless you have a SWG
Test to make sure your FC stays in the recomended levels for your CYA level

Muratic Acid is cheaper to Lower your PH. If you already have the PH down it will be fine though!

Read pool school

My pool is almost ready. They're adding the water tomorrow after the pebble sheen is acid washed. The water is being trucked in. They say that I shouldn't add any chemicals for 10-14 days. What's the most important thing to watch for while the plaster cures? I presume it's pH. Is there anything else I should be checking?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.