shellsingleton

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 10, 2008
Lafayette, LA w/pool in Hot Springs, AR
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
My main problem is a slight trickle out of the exhaust when running, which I believe allows suction to pull air in after the pump turns off as the filter drains down to pool level.
The nylon(?) washer under the handle is shot, and handle does not seem to want to allow the spring to pull it down into a fuly locked position. This may be due to debris(washer pieces?). I will pull apart the handle this evening to see whether I can fix it by cleaning the debris out.
If not, then I need to buy rebuild parts. I've read that the spider will allow suction leaks, so that is on my list for sure.
Which of the other small parts listed on this diagram are most prone to failure? I have a side mounted valve, not top mounted. I would prefer not to replace the entire "Top Valve Assembly" (#1), unless the parts I need start approaching that figure. Thanks alot, Shell
parts_valves_pacfab_sm_20.jpg

Got it changed, no leaks now.
Used "Lube Tube" with PTFE, and sanded the sealing suface with 1500 grit wet paper. Nice and slick.
Does the plunger usually stick up when you install a fresh gasket?
I had it installed upside down originally, my old one was so worn that the sealing ridges were gone.
It fit much easier with the ridges up, but the plunger is up, handle down and loose. I'm hoping spring tension will help the spider take a seat overnight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.