Partial Drain?

Mar 22, 2008
Okay this is probably a really dumb question but I am thinking about doing a partial drain to lower CH levels and the salty taste. But I am not sure how to drain it? where does the water go? I live in Las Vegas and know how to turn the big levers to drain it but if I wanted to drain 3,000 gallons, where would that water go?

Just FYI, pool has been BBB for 3 years now, I also absolutely love my borates, but currently water is EXTREME salty taste and I cannot even measure the CH levels anymore.

When we dump to re-plaster, we take it down the sewer. Try and let the chlorine burn off first, if possible. And be careful draining in your heat if you have plaster :shock:

nitz369 said:
How do you take it down to the sewer? ours is all the way down 2 blocks. I might have to ask a neighbor or something.

Through your clean out. You should be able to find it outside, near the bathroom(s) or kitchen, typically. Sometimes they are in the garage (mostly in newer houses).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.