Torn Liner. Need advice.

ttomp

Jul 22, 2010
Gonzales, LA
Just found my liner is tearing at the seam around the bottom. Abouut an 8" tear. Can I drain it all the way and leave it like that for a couple days or is it gonna cause damage to the walls? It is only 1 month old Ahhh!!! Thanks !!!

If the pool was installed by a builder, call them. If you installed it, call the supplier. Liners are usually warranted for seam failure. Emptying your pool may cause wall damage if you were to get high wind.

Never installed a patch before so I am not sure but the tear (liner pulled apart) is about 8" long. It is pulled so much that I can lift it up and see the coving so I doubt a patch will help. I can also see about two feet in either direction that it looks like it is coming apart. I think I am going to leave it full until I find something out cause I read that draining it will void the warrenty if it dries out so I am not gonna take any chances. Do manufacturers usually stand behind their warranties?

ttomp said:
Do manufacturers usually stand behind their warranties?

Seeing that it has only been a month, I don't think that you will have much of a problem getting things handled. Just follow their instructions in the meantime.

Called the place this morning and explained what is going on and the guy said "no problem. I have one left here", so my wife went got it. They didn't even go look at the old one, nor do they want the old one back. Now I just have to change it out. :( Sucks but at least I didn't have to buy one.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It's called Boxer adhesive. It's the best out there.

If you got the same pattern, by keeping a piece of the old liner you'll have a perfect match should you ever need it.

:cheers: here's hoping that you have to throw it away after it's so old that it's completely faded to white.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.