Test Kit for Christmas?

Good news, and not so good news. The much better half was concerned enough about someone that don't know anything about the pool (me), who was spending way too much time on this Forum. That is the not so good news. The good news is, that she has decided to lurk and learn. She is a smart woman, and will change her blue bottle ways after she learns from all you smart folks. Next Season??? Cindy might get a test kit for Christmas??? I hope it works out.

Tell her Bravo, for the pool doesn't have to be a mystery. And you never know when something may happen when you are not around to help out with the pool.

As the one in charge of the purse strings around my house, the cost savings of handling the pool myself was what appealed to me. I still get the husband to do the hard stuff, brushing the pool and opening the filter and pump baskets for cleaning. He leaves me to do the chemicals since I was at home when he was not. So I learned.

It took me about 6 months before I sprang for the test kit, I had all these strips I'd just bought. Wish I'd done it sooner. But alt least, having read about it all here, I never got pool stored.

The best part is when a neighbor came over who used to swim here before we bought the house. "Wow, the pool is so BLUE!" she said. Uh, what color was it before??? No algae, no cloudiness, no big checks to the pool store. What's not to like?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.