New to the Trouble Free Pool site

Jul 29, 2010
I have recently became a proud owner of an inground swiming pool here in Gallipolis, Ohio (southeast OH)! I have installed a 20x40 rectangle pool in my backyard with 8ft diving board. Using a salt water generator and gas heater. It will be a new and different life for me, my wife and 3 young girls. As a pool owner, I am continuing to get a clearer picture of just how huge a responsibility this is going to be. As well as how much we don't know about the little things that will save us time and energy to maintain our new pool. I found this website and am really excited to get to know other pool owners out there and tap into their expertise and little "secrets" that could help me with our new pool.

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback.

Chris Petro

Welcome to TFP, Chris! You are fortunate to have found this site at the beginning of your "pool journey". I stumbled around for 5 years after inheriting a pool very similar to yours before finding this site. I think you will find the information and support here valuable. Even after several years of researching about pools and pool chemistry, it was helpful to go through the Pool School first. As anonapersona said, also go to the Pool Calculator, an invaluable tool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.