Pebbletec vs. pebblesheen

PebbleSheen is much smoother, and, I believe, the stones lock together better than the PebbleTec, creating a very durable and long lasting product.

Are they charging more for the P-Sheen than the P-Tec? I know that some applicators do, but if they are charging the same price, I would say go ahead and do the P-Sheen!

We have the sheen and like it. Many years ago I was in a pebble pool and remember it hurting my feet just standing in one spot, because the stones were larger, the sheen is flat, but can be abrasive in spots.

Sorry for reviving another old post tonight...but, this topic came up in a discussion with Shasta, a potential pool builder for us.

According to the Shasta rep, when he met with five Pebbletec rep's, he asked them what they have put in their own pool and what they would do again if they had a preference - pebbletech or pebblesheen. According to him, they all said Pebbletech (not sheen).

He said that Pebbletech isn't as rough feeling as it was 5-10 years ago - that they have improved both the process and the material. He also said that Pebbletech has a lifetime warranty while pebblesheen only has 10 years.

I told him that if you are swimming, and rub your knee across a pebblesheen pool bottom, you'll lose skin. If you rub it against a pebbletech bottom, you'll lose skin and start to bleed. He didn't argue too much, but did say that the "slight" increase in roughness is worth it for the lifetime warranty.

This seems crazy, but I have to admit. We are all set to do Pebblesheen as we thought the warranties were identical between tech and sheen. I can't find the pebbletech or sheen warranty on the pebbletech website!

Any thoughts out there? I'll keep searching meanwhile.

RK

I don't the paperwork in front of me, but I was under the impression that I had a 30 year warranty on our sheen. Yes I've lost skin before and yes I've bleed before, but I'd still pick it again if I had to choose again.

There is no "lifetime" warranty or 30 year warranty on any PebbleTec product. PebbleTec will warrant the product itself (sheesh, God hasn't made any more rocks in over 2,000 years, so does anyone really think they are going to go away?!) to the installer, but the installer is responsible for the warranty, which is typically 5 years, and is for "bonding" (adherence to the shell) only. Life expectancy is another story.

Do the PebbleSheen and you will be happy. It lays down tighter, is smoother, and, I believe (as do many others who work closely with the plasterers and are plasterers!) the strongest of all the P-Tec finishes. I am personal friends with the owners of PebbleTec (and no, I don't work for them!) and I would be happy to get you a copy of the real PebbleTec warranty if you wish. Just PM me and I will get on it :goodjob:

As an aside, vinyl is for guys who can't handle a few abrasions from a day of fun in the pool (Sorry, bk; I couldn't resist :whip: )

I have P-tech in mine, and - at a minimum - wish I would have known about "sheen" at the time. At a minimum, I would have done sheen in the spa knowing what I know about how abrasive the P-tech can be... Many-a-time I've scraped a knee in the pool and/or spa - to the point of bleeding.

But LOVE the durability and color. 10 years and it still looks like it did the day it was put in.

This thought is worth $0.000002....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.