Opening up a pool

Jul 28, 2010
I can't find a place to start a new topic, maybe someone here can help me
We are opening up a pool that has been closed for years...We have done all the patching and now working on the pump...How do I know how much sand I need to use to replace the old
Thanks for any help

Spilt off from another topic to create its own.
257WbyMag - Forum Moderator

Re: Need Help

shielda said:
I can't find a place to start a new topic, maybe someone here can help me
We are opening up a pool that has been closed for years...We have done all the patching and now working on the pump...How do I know how much sand I need to use to replace the old
Thanks for any help

If there is a label on the filter then there should be some information on there. If you can find the brand and model number that will help us tell you how much sand you need. If you can't find that information take a picture of the filter and post it here. Also measure the height and circumference of the filter and post that information as well.

Whenever you want to start a new topic/thread, click on "Board index". That will take you to the forum menu. Find the Forum that best suits your needs and click on that. In the upper left quadrant of the new page will be a blue button called "New Topic". Click that and it will bring up a dialog box for you to create your thread and post your question.

Welcome to TFP.

Give the specs, model, etc. on the equipment and we can possibly help you. Without that there's really no way to tell.
There are people here with filters that hold from 50# to 925#'s of sand.

Is is a :
Tagelus, Model TA-60
Looks like te Filter Area is 31.50 - metric 29 but I am not sure of that...the reading is hard to read
It doesn't mention anything about how much sand ...
Horizon 45
Maybe I can go measure this evening
Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Be sure it's not the pump basket lid o-ring. Clean and lube that real good.
If you suspect a place in the skimmer piping you can run water over it from a hose while it's running. If it primes then you know you've found your leak.

We did put a new pump basket lid o-ring...I will give this information to my husband when he gets home from work...we have everything turned off right now and I am not good with electricity :)
thanks for the help

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.