Am I done shocking or should I continue?

Jun 21, 2010
Washington, DC
Hi. My background is here and here. I have now realized I have a filter problem which is probably why my water is still very cloudy. It looks clean but oh well until that filter is replaced there is nothing I can do about it. Here's the latest test results:

FC: 10
CC: .5
TA: 100
PH: 7.4
CH: 580 :(
CYA: <20

I lose about 1 or <1 ppm FC overnight and around 1 ppm during the day. CC has remained .5. This is the pool set up.
edb2e9fb.jpg

Skylights right above the pool. While it does not get direct sunlight all day it does get light from noon to maybe 3 pm. Unfortunately, the skylights can't be opened.

EDIT: Here's a picture of the skylight:

glasshouse11.jpg

My question is (and please keep in mind that I have an indoor pool) I have been shocking for about a month now. Am I done shocking and just accept the fact that the water will continue to be cloudy until something is done with my filter? Can I swim? I am aware of the safety issue with swimming in cloudy water.

Thoughts? Thanks again. :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.