Pentair Easy Touch help

Jul 27, 2010
My Easy Touch wireless says "NO COMM" - the control board works just fine and the wireless unit comes on but won't connect. I replaced the batteries...
The pool is almost 4 years old and the antena has been in the same place the entire time.
How would I even attemp to find out what is wrong? I don't want some pool company to come out and tell me I need to replace the entire thing just to get a sale!

It sounds like your controller lost the wireless address.

Try this:
At the outdoor control
1.press menu
2.press down button, scroll to settings.
3.Press right button to select.
4.Press up button, scroll to "Wireless Address"
5.Press right button to select.
"Address Wireless scanning" will display, Then "Sending Address" will display.
6.Now repeat steps 1-5 with the handheld wireless controller, "Address Found" will display
7.Press menu button on control panel 3 times to return to main screen.

Mine did the same after a recent power outage. Perhaps strangely everything seemed to be running fine, VS pump going up and down in speed via programmed start/stop times, etc.

Pool Clown stated the method to make the panel and wireless unit sync back up. And Serge's advice is spot on as well. What may need to be noted is that you may need to go to the house service panel and cut ALL power to the Easytouch panel. My story is I have a circuit breaker on the Easytouch load center that cuts off electricity to the automation part (the panel LCD goes dark, etc.), but for some unknown reason turning that breaker off, then on, and resetting the Easytouch through the panel's Reset button did nothing. Cutting power at the house main panel to the Easytouch then following the above procedure did work.

Maybe I should also throw in that the previous power outage made the VS pump stop responding to the mode being Service or Timeout, but everything (including wireless) worked in the auto mode. I think the Easytouch needs some work in recovery from a power glitch. I have whole house surge protection too BTW in case anyone has ideas to try for remedies.

Thanks Pool Clown and lbridges. You have to turn off the pool from your house main circuit breaker and then turn it on per lbridges' instruction. Then follow the instructions from Pool Clown's and you should be able to reestablish the remote control. Worked like a charm.

I know some of these posts are old, however I was able to use this to get my remote communicating with my main board again. I tried re-addressing the main board and then the remote first and it did not work. I followed the suggestion from above and cut power to the main board for 1 minute (we have a switch right next to the main system on the outside wall did not use the breaker or the whole-house cut-off). I went through the re-addressing procedure again and *BOOM* back in business. Thanks to all for their help!

After idle use for over 2 weeks I had this same problem. The instructions provided by pool clown worked (for me without shutting down the main panel).

- - - Updated - - -

How do you readdress if you dont have a menu interface outside? I have a remote only. Thanks
There should be a panel outside, the remote is just that for the panel that has the automation components.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Try this:
At the outdoor control
1.press menu
6.Now repeat steps 1-5 with the handheld wireless controller, "Address Found" will display
I’ve tried all the suggestions, nothing works. How can I determine if I need a new Antenna? Help!

Did you ever figure anything out KWB? We're experiencing the same problem. The power did go out in the last week or so. Now remote just says NO COMM. I shut off all power to the pool for 10 minutes. Turned it back on and reset the outdoor control and remote. I tried readdressing from both sides but while the control panel shows sending address the remote just says address lock searching... forever. I let it go for about 20 minutes like that, several different times. I had the remote sitting on top of the box about 2 inches from the antenna. The antenna board does have power and both the 485 and RF link lights illuminate periodically. The wiring all seems fine.

The other thing going on is the spa heater will no longer turn on from the heater unit or the control panel. Honestly I always turned it on from the remote, so maybe it never worked from the panel or heater, but I doubt that's the case.

Any suggestions or is it time to call a pool tech?

NO COMM issue: do you have fresh batteries in the remote? I had same problem, once the above sequence worked and the other time under warranty they replaced the antennae board.
Heater issue: Is this a Pentair heater? Is it trying to start or just dead? Any lights on the panel? Check the circuit board for error code lights. I had the connector on the HLS ( high limit switch) rust out and the heater did nothing. Thankfully the circuit board error lights directed me to the problem.
Good Luck, we are all here to help each other!

I didn't change the batteries in the remote because it indicated a full charge. Do you think it makes a difference? When they replaced the antenna board was it dead or were the lights working? I guess I'm just trying to understand how to know if it's for sure the board or not. The pool is probably around 6 years old now so I'm assuming I'm no longer in warranty.

The heater is a Pentair. A while back it would fire up but then shut off after about 30 seconds. With the help of the forums I was able to diagnose that and get it working again. Now it seems to have no power at all. Clicking the heater button on the main control panel does nothing, nor does clicking the pool or spa on buttons on the heater itself. But previously I think I was using the spa button on the remote to turn it on, so without the remote working I'm not 100% sure it ever worked without the remote. Probably so but trying to tackle the remote problem first.

To make matters more difficult this is at our family ranch in the Texas hill country which if I'm lucky I can visit every few weeks or so. Not there now so trying to make a list of things to try on my next trip out there. It's also not very easy to get a good pool tech out there.

Try this:
At the outdoor control
1.press menu
THANK YOU !! This worked
Even my pool guy was stumped... lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.