Nature 2/chlorine feeder question

Jul 18, 2010
Central Illinois
My pool actually came with this duo setup. I have a full understanding of the N2 and will more than likely not use it. The chlorine feeder portion actually is built to hold a chlorine cartridge. My question is...can I break up my 3" pucks to fit in this slot? Hopefully I will not have to keep buying the chlorine feeder cartridges...thanks in advance.

Thanks to you both...I will watch my CYA real close! The reason that I asked about the 3" pucks is I have a most of a container still full of them...and it looks like they are to big to fit...thus the put in a bag and tap with a hammer to bring them down to a workable size. Do either of you know how long the Chlorine cartridges can last? I know all pools are different...just looking for a very rough estimate under ideal chemistry setup. Thanks again in advance!

Thanks Grape Ape...I actually still have a floater from my old pool...just not a fan of them. Sounds like I can put them in the feeder...if that does not work I will pull the floater out of retirement at least until I get through the rest of the 3 inch tabs...thanks again to all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.