Hi! My name is Barbara C and I've been pool stored.

Barbara C

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2010
Southern Indiana
I suppose I'm not really new around here but newer than most. We started our 24' ag on baquacil because it would be easier than messing with anything else. For three years it was easier. Then last year everything went south on us. We couldn't hold sanitizer or oxidizer but I kept pouring enough in that we never had a full blown algae bloom. I had already started using baking soda but instead of using it to raise alkalinity, I used it to raise pH. Technically, I suppose it does do that in a round about way but.... So now this year we've made the complete change over to the BBB method. We have the handy dandy TF100 test kit and all. I must say this is the most boring way of taking care of your pool I have ever seen. I don't get to make my weekly trips to the pool store, I haven't had a chance to use the borax or baking soda and on top of all of that, we have Sparklypoolitis :lol: We've been reduced to buying mundane things at the pool store when needed. Our skimmer basket broke after a big storm filled it with all manner of things and we needed some pins for the vac head and solar saddles. Just so they wouldn't feel too bad, my sweet husband bought a Dancing Dolphin on his last trip in. His name is Zorba, the dolphin, not my husband!
100_3580.jpg

Hi Barbara!

Your title sounds like an introduction at a 12 step meeting...

The steps to overcoming poolstoreitis:
  • admitting that one cannot control one's addiction to the pool store[/*:m:2r50bf6l]
  • recognizing a greater power that can give strength: TFP [/*:m:2r50bf6l]
  • examining past errors with the help of a sponsor: Jason, FPM, ChemGeek, Duraleigh, et al[/*:m:2r50bf6l]
  • making amends for these errors by converting to the TFP method[/*:m:2r50bf6l]
  • learning to live a new life with a new code of behavior: Sparklypoolitis[/*:m:2r50bf6l]
  • helping others that suffer from the same addictions to the pool store[/*:m:2r50bf6l]

svenpup said:
Hi Barbara!

Your title sounds like an introduction at a 12 step meeting...

The steps to overcoming poolstoreitis:
  • admitting that one cannot control one's addiction to the pool store[/*:m:nuic19j9]
  • recognizing a greater power that can give strength: TFP [/*:m:nuic19j9]
  • examining past errors with the help of a sponsor: Jason, FPM, ChemGeek, Duraleigh, et al[/*:m:nuic19j9]
  • making amends for these errors by converting to the TFP method[/*:m:nuic19j9]
  • learning to live a new life with a new code of behavior: Sparklypoolitis[/*:m:nuic19j9]
  • helping others that suffer from the same addictions to the pool store[/*:m:nuic19j9]

Cute response.....but so true.

"Your title sounds like an introduction at a 12 step meeting..."
svenpup,
I hesitated to use that intro because I didn't want to seem disrespectful. I couldn't help myself though. I like your response too. Oh so true.

woodyp,
I've actually been able to do something beyond checking and adding the bleach! I get to add muriatic acid today. :whoot: Boring no more. :party:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support