Help Me Pick A Liner!!!!

I'll vote for cambridge :goodjob: Being in CA I'm thinking you would want a darker liner to take advantage of solar heat...unless you like your water on the chilly side :lol:

We just had a new liner installed this year. We looked at Cambridge and Grand because we wanted something with blues and browns. We decided on the Grand only because it was a bit lighter (we had previously had a really light liner so we wanted to go a bit darker, but not all the way). They are both really nice looking Here are a few pictures of Grand so you can see it installed. We get a lot of compliments and comments on how it looks like "real tile."[attachment=1:3s01fg0g]pool10.jpg[/attachment:3s01fg0g][attachment=0:3s01fg0g]pool12.jpg[/attachment:3s01fg0g]

Attachments

• pool10.jpg
    pool10.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 607
  • pool12.jpg
    pool12.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 602
Have them send actual liner samples for you to pick out. Most people that I show liners to pick the darker blue prints. Also if you want the print to look nicer longer I would recommend picking a print that has ink of similar color to the base color of the vinyl. For example Canterbury has dark blue inks printed on a light blue vinyl and Blue Raleigh has dark inks printed on a dark blue vinyl. So if both liners were ever faded the Blue Raleigh would look better since the ink is a closer match to the vinyl's base color. When you get the samples in the mail you can check the base color simply by looking at the back of the sample. Regardless if you really like a print just go with that print regardless of how close the ink matches the base color of the vinyl since they will all fade over time. Oh and one other thing prints like Albion that are actually brownish will lose all their reddish tones when filled with water, so instead of having a brownish liner it will appear gray in color, also as you look towards the deep-end of the pool the water will actually have a noticeable Turquoise hue

I would say darker if you want warmer too...
my neighbor has a lighter liner than I do and he complains that without the heater the pool never gets out of the 70's while mine sits around 81 during the sunny days.
May only be about 5 degrees, but his gets more direct sunlight than mine too due to our trees.

danbutter said:
I would say darker if you want warmer too...
my neighbor has a lighter liner than I do and he complains that without the heater the pool never gets out of the 70's while mine sits around 81 during the sunny days.
May only be about 5 degrees, but his gets more direct sunlight than mine too due to our trees.

One customer of mine is on their second BLACK liner. They want black for the added heat, but even if it does work I don't think it's worth the cosmetic sacrifice. Black shows up a lot of dirt, the dirt is lighter than the liner which is kinda weird to see for the first time. Also you need to sign a release form from the liner company when purchasing a black liner since it makes water depths hard to judge.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I wasn't suggesting black, but to give a bit more detail...
if you look at the bottom of the liners page in the first link given it would be like I have the oxford and my neighbor has the grand.
That much difference gives a very noticeable difference in temps.
The exact one I have seems to be pretty popular...Cambridge.
You can still easily see the bottom and judge water depth.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.