Looking for a Pool robot for My intex pool

May 21, 2010
I just purchased the intex sand filter and Im thinking why not get a robot now that I have the power to. The manual vacuum does a great job with the sand pump but I hate messing with the hose and getting it primed. I was thinking of getting pool rover jr, but its as much as I paid for the pool. lol. seems like the hayward aquabug gets good reviews, but my floor is not the smoothest. will the aquabug do ok with a not so smooth floor and will it be a better option. I will be upgrading to a 24' pool this fall so it will need to be capable of handling that.

I sure can't speak from experience, but in reading Aqua Bug reviews the last two days, everyone seems to love it. Many have commented on it doing well on footprints and uneven areas. I plan to buy one next year when I finally get a pool with 1.5" hoses so I can upgrade the pump, etc. If you get it, please update this thread with your thoughts after using it for a bit. Poolsupplyworld has it for $123 right now, with free shipping. I think that's a decent price after cursory searches. Also, I came across a whole series of youtube videos by a guy who shows how to repair seemingly every part of the aqua bug. Good luck!

I can't speak too highly of the Rover Jr. I love that thing! Rinsing out the bag isn't a joy but not much hassle either. Best thing is.........it keeps all that dirt and junk from going back through your filter. Less backwashing, chemical changes, and water loss. I'd consider it since you're gonna "upgrade". No dang hoses to fool with either. Great for a flat bottom pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.