omg added m acid instead of bleach Help

May 17, 2010
my boy friend who knows nothing and must be blind added almost 1 gallon of MA instead of bleach what should I do now
Yesterday's numbers

FC 9.0
CC.5
TA 110
PH 7.5
CYA70

Asked him to add about gallon of bleach p/up MA and added about a gallon!!!!!! Having him add 2 lg boxes of borax now. Shat else should I do till I can get home tomorrow? Add water to dilute will that help?

If the MA was full-strength (31.45% Hydrochloric Acid), then your pH would have dropped to 6.84 and your TA down to 88.2. Adding two boxes of 20 Mule Team Borax (76 ounces for each box) would raise the pH to 7.15 and the TA to 101.2. The pH might be higher from carbon dioxide outgassing. If it's not, then you could add a third box of Borax. Don't worry -- this isn't a disaster and the exposure time to the lower pH was short. If he poured quickly in one place not over a return flow, then that could weaken the vinyl in the area where he poured, but hopefully that's not what he did.

Tonight's #'s
FC 6.5
CC .5
PH 7.2
TA 90
CH 220
CYA 70+
Temp 84
I'll add bleach to bring up to 10. Then should I add baking soda to raise TA or Borax to raise PH or our these numbers OK and leave to rise on their own?
Thanks for the support

koliver13 said:
Tonight's #'s
FC 6.5
CC .5
PH 7.2
TA 90
CH 220
CYA 70+
Temp 84
I'll add bleach to bring up to 10. Then should I add baking soda to raise TA or Borax to raise PH or our these numbers OK and leave to rise on their own?
Thanks for the support
You could just leave it alone. Or aerate. But you don't need to add anything else for pH. Haven't you traumatized that pool enough recently? :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.