I use it mainly in laundry, not every wash but always doggie things, and let them soak. On occasion I'll do a wash and forget to put it in the dryer for a day or two and it begins to smell some. Those things get a rewash, using less detergent and some borax with a little soaking during the wash cycle.

Rarely in the pool because I have to use lots of MA to keep the pH down. Use it in the spa and like to keep it at 50 ppm.

I mostly use baking soda and vinegar. Bunch of baking soda in kitchen sinks, then some vinegar, and then run very hot water after it stops fizzing. Vinegar in my iRobot Scoobas (robotic floor washers for hard surfaces), except the downstairs bathroom, because vinegar is not really good for grout. I usually use a low sudsing antibacterial for the Scooba in that bathroom. Vinegar and baking soda for toilet bowls. Vinegar for windows. Baking soda and borax are good, mild abrasives.

I'll think of some more. The borax box has some good suggestions.

gg=alice

Cleans toilet bowls amazingly, and makes porcelain sinks sparkle too! I have also used it as a dog dip for hot spots, (diluted down quite a bit though) and makes her coat very soft. Don't let them drink or take internally.

off the top of my head---borax with an equal part of honey or other sweet syrup like substance is a great ant killer, borax can be used to make 'flubber' just search google for flubber, borax is used in soap making

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.