Pea Gravel around Above-Ground Pool?

Jun 30, 2010
Hi everyone :) We have soft-sided above-ground Splash pool. The foundation is fine sand on solid ground, with a plastic sheet between the pool and the sand. The legs are resting on plywood strips on the sand to help keep them from sinking in. The whole foundation is surrounded with wood.

Im wondering about covering everything with pea gravel around the pool, to help keep the kids from tracking sand into the pool, and to give the foundation a nicer appearance. Should I be concerned about any wear and tear from the pea gravel resting against the sides of the pool? The pool doesnt move so its not as if the pool material would be rubbing back and forth on any hard gravel.

Other suggestions welcome, if pea gravel isn't the best choice. Thanks!

(in these photos, the pool is only half full, so the sides are leaning a bit... its full now :)

imag0059i.jpg
poolwithpeagravel.png

We have an inground pool and flagstone around part of it that we laid and originally put pea gravel in between. It was temporary....for two years :mrgreen: I finally replaced it with Gator Dust, but not because of any real gravel problem, but because stuff kept growing in it!
We did track in the occassional piece of pea gravel but it was easily spotted on the sun ledge and just pick it up and throw it back out.

I concur that something just a bit larger like small river rock might be better. It also won't have stuff growing in it as easily.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.