Cyanuric Acid Reagents in Canada?

I ordered my Taylor reagents from waterandice.ca I believe his name is Andrew and you can email him from the site. The prices he gave me are as follows:

R-0870-I DPD Powder (Size 10 gram) $16.50 ea

R-0870-J DPD Powder (Size 1/4 lb or 130 gram) $73.75 ea

R-0871-C FAS DPD Titrating Reagent (Size 2 oz bottle) $23.75 ea

R-0871-E FAS DPD Titrating Reagent (Size16 oz bottle) $51.70 ea

R-0013-C Cyanuric Acid Reagent (Size 2 oz bottle) $8.00 ea

R-0013-E Cyanuric Acid Reagent (Size 16 oz bottle) $19.30 ea CYA has a long shelf life

We ship using Fedex Ground
Cost $8.00

Payment Visa or MasterCard

I hope this helps

Laurie

pricing is way tooooooo high! This is the only place I could find to buy Taylor reagents in Canada. The pool stores in my area don't sell replacement reagents and I found a few online sites that only sell to businesses. Actually, Andrew from Waterandice said that they don't deal with the public on a regular basis.

If you know of a site where I can get replacement reagents mailed to Canada at a good price please let me know.

Laurie

Canadians,

I have thought quite a bit about how to get reagents up to you at a reasonable price. Of course, shipping is the issue. My pricing on Taylor refills are lower than Taylor's here in the US.

A couple of thoughts. Up to two lbs shipped by Int'l Priority I could do for a flat $20.00 shipping anywhere in Canada. Two lbs is a lot of reagents.......something around 6 60ml bottles oF CYA + 10 30ml bottles of other reagents.

With that in mind, I'm thinking you may be able to "team up" with someone else up there and consolidate your refill requirements.

If it was shipped to one location, hopefully you could inexpensively re-ship within Canada and end up saving some money on refills. Better yet, perhaps some of you live close enough to incur no shipping at all.

Now, if ya'll really got coordinated, 5lbs could be shipped for $35.00 That would probably be enough for 6-9 refill orders. It may be too big of a hassle to get coordinated and, of course, customs is something I can't control but I wanted to throw out some possibilities.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.