Does anyone have the wedding cake II steps?

Zea,

I don't have that particular model, but (aside from the removable top step) it looks identical to mine, right down to the handrail, and the vent holes. Mine is several years old. It came with the house, so I don't know how old, it really is, but at least 4 years. It is very solid construction. The only issues I have with it is that my Kreepy Krawly loves cake and is always stuck on them, and the steps tend to move around a bit. Even with over 100# of weights, it moves when the kids play on it. I wound up adding a step pad this season after seeing all the wear caused last season. I also have a second handrail that I have connected to the deck. It doesn't move now :D

I also cut several 3" vent holes in the sides of the bottom step to improve water flow, after tracking last year's algae outbreak to the sandbags under the step. (This was before I'd heard of TFP or BBB. :) I also don't use bags of sand anymore.) The material is heavy enough that the additional holes in the bottom edge don't seem to have a significant impact on the strength of the step.

Hope this helps,
Tim.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.