Tadpoles!! Please help!

Jun 13, 2009
We have had our Solar Cover on for a couple of weeks. Still adding Bleach everyday and water is testing good. Uncovered today..water is clear and tadpoles have moved in. I've read on another forum to Shock, but what else? How long do they take to die? And how do we prevent this from happening again? I'm afraid it has to do w/the cover being on for so long and the temperatures have been upper 90's! I've been so proud of our clear water! :rant:

Thats weird I had tadpoles when my pool was like a swamp but once I started to shock they started to die, except the 2 my daughter rescued, lol, they were gone within 3 days, and my water was cold. Maybe you could bring it (PH LEVEL) up a notch?
But I'm a newbie so wait for qualified advice. Good Luck. :wave:

Reactions: tiredmommy1983
Chlorine will kill the tadpoles. The amount of time it takes depends on how large they are, smaller ones die more quickly.

The only way you can normally get tadpoles in the first place is if the chlorine level was zero for quite some time. Is it possible there was water pooled on top of the cover, and they got started there? If so a cover pump will prevent that from happening next time.

That's exactly where they must have came from! The cover did have some water on the top of it along w/leaves. Normally we don't have the cover on for this long of a period. They are very small and most have already died and been scooped out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.