What is that?

vapool

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 2, 2007
A lot of you in the DC suburbs were probably wondering what that wet stuff was falling out of the sky today. Well, as I predicted, our summer-long drought seems to have come to an end. How did I predict this? Well, our PB came out today to mark our pool for planned excavation tomorrow am. That was until the heavens opened up. Resheduled for Friday :(
Could post pictures of the neat little soggy marking flags, but think I'll wait until the dig to post the first set...

Hey, that happened to me too! Six weeks straight of monsoon type rain right after the dig, took them 12 weeks to finish our pool. Looking back on it, it all seems worth it now that we are enjoying it everyday!

Hang in there and expect the worst (may not sound good, but if you prepare yourself, it may help) Who knows, maybe it'll be a WHAM BAM THANK YOU MAM!

Good Luck,
Dave

Sounds like my kind of luck.

You know, we've had quite a drought for several years here, now. I guess I need to plan a roofing project or get my pool reno project going, because for sure it WILL start raining.

OK, so it was you that brought the rain. We've been waiting for the regional Pentair rep. to come and take a look at our heat pump that died as a result of an electrical storm a month ago and guess when he decides to show up....you got it, today! :lol:

vapool, I'm just south of B'more and I had an extra 1.5" of water in the pool yesterday. I got a late start this year cause my PB didn't finish until 7/2. Over the last couple of weeks, my pool temp has gone from 82 to 70. I just ordered my heatpump this past Saturday--maybe I can get another 1.5 months outa this thing.

BTW, who's your PB?

Yeah Grivera, we've gotten enough rain down here the past few days to make up for the rest of the summer...our grass is actually green again and needs to be mowed. Our PB is Pools By Young, a small co based near Middleburg. Who did you use?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.