Pain in the rear or golden opportunity?

zea3

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
Last night I added bleach and let the pump run. This morning I find a pinhole leak in the flex hose between the pump and the filter. I am considering adding a SWG in the future, could it be placed between the pump and the filter? If so I could go ahead and put the unions in there now instead of redoing it when I end up getting a SWG. The space between the pump and filter is about 1.5 to 2 feet at most.

If you have flew hose, it has been my experience that once you start getting pinholes, it will soon be time to replace the whole thing as you will get more and more and end up with nothing but patches.

I'm not sure why they use it either but mine has it too. Everything else is hard piped.

The SWCG is supposed to go after the filter. That keeps debris from getting trapped in the cell. It gets caught in the filter instead.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.