higher temp...more chlorine?

May 30, 2009
Columbia, TN
Our outside temps have been hovering in the 95-100 degree range for a several days. Does the higher temps and hotter sun increase the chlorine demand of a pool? In other words, is there any reason I should put more bleach in the pool on the very hot days? I know my testing numbers dictate how much I add, but it seems like I lose more FC on these days?!?!?

kdubya815 said:
Our outside temps have been hovering in the 95-100 degree range for a several days. Does the higher temps and hotter sun increase the chlorine demand of a pool? In other words, is there any reason I should put more bleach in the pool on the very hot days? I know my testing numbers dictate how much I add, but it seems like I lose more FC on these days?!?!?

Here's a tip: Install some sort of a shade for your pool, this will keep direct sunlight off your pool water and keep the water cool. I personally installed a tarp about 10-11 foot from the ground and it reduced the heat by a lot. This means more money back in your wallet from electrically bill (pump), less chemicals usage, scrubbing, etc. This helped for me so I hope the same for you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.