help with my numbers please?

If you're absolutely passing the OCLT then you don't need to shock.
What does the water look like? Is it clear or cloudy and what color?
I know you stated it was cloudy but lets take a look at it again.
Also post a full set of test results. (you stated in the results that your CH was 30 but then said it was 330).

There are lots of complaints about cloudy pools using Zeo Sand.
When you open the filter the media should be level and not clumped. If it's clumped there is a procedure for cleaning it but if you read the reports on the net that hardly ever works for more than a few days.

In my experience filter pressure is not a good indicator. My filter pressure stays the same almost all the time until it gets really dirty and time to backwash then it'll seemingly jump from 11psi to 18psi in one day.

I was finally able to backwash yesterday after adding the CYA on Saturday. The backwash was VERY dirty (kind of like the water in a mud puddle) so I guess the filter is working. We have major issues with the support posts so today the pool was drained and tomorrow it will be reset, so I will be starting over. (sigh) We won't use any lake water this time so maybe it will clear up faster.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.