Muriatic Acid Doser question

Jun 2, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
mas985 said:
The only negative that I have experienced is rising PH but contributing to that is high TA fill water and high evaporation (solar) so I can never get TA to stay on the low side. But an acid doser was a solution to that problem.
I saw this on another thread. A light bulb went off :idea:

You mean after 5 years of lugging MA back and forth from Home Depot to the garage to the pool to the garage & back to the pool, there is such a thing as an "acid doser" whereby I put acid in the "doser" and walk away & the thingymajig adds the MA on its own?

I googled "acid doser" and, although I got some extremely interesting results, did not come up with a product that I could examine & study up on.

I searched "acid doser" on TFP as well but no details...

Can someone enlighten me with some details on an MA acid doser? Since (at various times in the past, not recently) I have had days of adding MA at a gallon a day.

Thanks in advance.

Don't know about an "acid doser" but I have been looking into pH controllers. It is a unit that measures the pH of the water and controls a peristaltic pump to apply the required amount of acid to the water. Units run about $1300 dollars for the controller, pump and tank to hold the acid.

Your best bet on an acid injection system is either the one PoppaChuck linked to or a peristaltic pump and tank system.

The pump and tank system could have a pH controller added to it if you decided you needed it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.