You know, a late night swim can be wonderful for insomnia! Half an hour of quiet laps admiring the lights in the pool and the lights in the landscaping. I have found a new appreciation for my pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Melt In The Sun said:
geekgranny said:
Melatonin helps but then I fall asleep at the computer. :mrgreen:

gg=alice
+1 for melatonin, but then I'm a zombie til about noon the next day.

Bummer. Melatonin does come in different strengths and types, like patches (expensive) and time release. Sometimes I'll cut a 3 mg in half. If your health allows it you might want to double the strength of your morning coffee and/or tea. I have a huge, strong coffee every a.m then a huge strong black and green tea. That's a pretty good kick start but it's usually noon before I'm productive whether I've had sleep aids or not.

I've been major ADHD all my life. Chocolate and sugar make me sleepy. If I eat any sugar before late at night I usually have to take a nap unless I eat a lot of protein with it. So if I'm visiting friends (the only time I have those types of things) I eat cheese with my morning doughnuts. :roll: When I am taking ADHD meds if I take a "normal" dose I get sleepy. Barbiturates make me hyper, like taking speed; anti seizure meds, used for migraine prevention, makes me speedy. They usually make people sleepy. Within certain limits "light" alcohol peps me up. :? DH needs a nap after one beer.

Some nights I just can't get to sleep early enough when we have to get up early so I'll add diazepam, and sleepy time tea, and maybe even 12.5 mg Benadryl but a good long hot tub soak before. Sometimes even add warm chocolate milk. My circadian cycle is for sure "night owl". I've always loved the graveyard shift. DH doesn't leave for work till 1000 so this feeds into the "night owl" syndrome as we usually aren't eating dinner til after 2200 and bedtime in the wee hours. One day a week we have to get up at 0530 so that's usually the night I do a "sleepy time cocktail" and still can't fall off till well after 0100 or 0200.

gg=alice

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.