Best Diving Boards?

Jun 11, 2009
Newburgh, IN
Hello all,

Our diving board broke last weekend so we need to replace it and I thought I'd poll the experts here and see if there were any recommendations on good boards. The one we're replacing is too "stiff" and I'd love to get a "bouncier" one. Do they rate them in stiffness? Any recommendations?

Thank you very much,
Jeff

I spent a little extra money and got the sr smith cantilever board and it is the highlight of the pool. Most if not all the pools in our area have the stiff boards that feel like you are jumping off a concrete platform. So the first time kids come to our house and jump off our board they are really suprised. I would highly recommend it if your pool is the right size to accomodate it.

STOP. DIVING BOARD WARNING. SERIOUS INJURY, PARALYSIS, OR DEATH CAN OCCUR.

The following is primarily in regards to a 1-meter diving board (ie, the diving board is 1-meter above the water).
From the topic poster's signature, his pool is 17 X 41 & 23,000 gallons. The depth isn't mentioned, but I would guess it has a maximum depth of 8 ft., or perhaps less.

Before installing or replacing a diving board, please make sure your pool is suitable for diving:
(1) The pool's deep end should be deep enough for diving AND
(2) The deep end maximum depth should extend out far enough beyond the end of the diving board AND
(3) The deep end dimensions are suitable for a diving board AND
(4) The slope of the walls & deep-end/shallow-end transition slope are suitable for a diving board.
There may be other criteria to consider as well - I'm not an expert.
Many back yard pools are not good candidates for a diving board or even a jump board. If your pool is not at least 10 feet deep (approximately >3 meters), then the pool may be too shallow for diving. A max depth of 12+ feet (approx 4 meters) would be safer. If the pool is at least 10 feet deep (approx >3 meters deep) BUT the deep end max depth does not extend well beyond the end of the diving board, then the pool may not be suitable for a diving board. I don't know how far beyond the end of the diving board the deep end max depth should extend, but a good guess would be at least 12 feet (approx >4 meters).

If your pool already has a diving board or jump board, check your pool's dimensions before using it. If the dimensions are inadequate, remove the diving board or jump board from the pool. Serious injury can occur. If your pool is not deep enough for diving or any kind, you may need to install "No Diving" signs.

This is not intended as a "the-sky-is-falling" type of reply. I'm simply trying to help prevent someone from becoming unnecessarily paralyzed. The NSPI (National Spa & Pool Institute) had for years provided poor pool construction dimension guidelines which resulted in the construction of hundreds of thousands of swimming pools which are not safe to use for diving of any kind, much less for diving off of a diving board.

taekwondodo said:
I'm due for a new board and looked at the WHOLESALE price of one of those boards - dang, that's (even at wholesale) some serious cabbage!

I have the frontier II and really like it. http://www.srsmith.com/fun_games/details.php?id=60 It bounces enough to be a lot of fun (for kids and adults!) while at the same time not being too high over the water. If I had to buy again I'd get the salt water jump system due to rust issues with a salt system (which is the subject of another thread).

Price on this one is fairly reasonable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.