thinking of getting rid of my pool...

Apr 2, 2007
Hey guys!
Been contemplating this of late, seems like my pool is getting used less and less so I may just get rid of it...
Here's a couple of pics of it:

P1010156.jpg

P1010166.jpg

P1010175.jpg

P1010177.jpg

P1010178.jpg

P1010200.jpg

P1010201.jpg

BTW - just kidding!

Funny thing is - the kids DID rinse off in the pool, which reminds me, I should probably add some chlorine.
The "ramp" on the end is actually my solar panels, however, my kid races motocross and we have a small practice track through our property, he's begged me several times now to raise the ramp 12 inches so he can jump the pool... he'd do it easily enough, the pool's only 30 feet in diameter but I think I'll wait til it's time for the pool to go before I let him.
As for the flood, well, we got 4.75 inches of rain in 2 hours....normally we only see water like this once every 6 years, although yearly spring runoff gets close.
I built up the area where the pool sits about 1.5 feet before installing the pool knowing full well it's in a flood plain.
BTW - if anyone ever tells you you can't build up the ground for an AG pool ...well, they are wrong.

Well, NOW we know the source of "MATT'S MUD" (a/k/a 4X4 Algae), (but how do the kids get to so many pools?) :lol:

How're you doing, Matt? It's been a little while since I've seen you. :handshake:

IMHO - if the pool gives you less enjoyment than the cost of maintaining it is worth, loose it :cry: I hate to see a pool get torn down or filled in but, sometimes it's the practical thing to do. At least you don't want to tear it down because you can't deal with the chemistry :cool:

Even if you let your son drive a dirtbike through it, I hope we'll see you around from time to time :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey Waste - good to see ya - yeah - been a while - life gets busy sometimes!
we're not planning on losing the pool any time soon - just thought it was an appropriate title seeing the kids had more fun in the floodwaters than in the pool on a poolparty weekend :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
And no - he wouldn't ride the bike THROUGH it, he'd be jumping OVER it and maybe throw in a backflip for good measure.

Fordman - looks like you're in the same boat - pardon the pun :) your house/garage looks like it may be a bit more affected than mine which sits on a hill quite a ways above the flooded area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.